Monday, March 11, 2013

worry? No worry !


A page from my diary – The day before Christmas

Everything doesn’t go right all the time in life, but I guess how we look at things is purely up to us. And if we want, we can make every day to be a peaceful and productive one.

My 22nd December came with the news that mom is not feeling well. She went to the doctor but had not got better and I got very disturbed. I worried on how this could have happened, the more I thought of the various sources of catching an illness a bunch more possible disease came to my mind. The more I thought about it, the worse I felt!

The next day, my computer’s hard disk crashed. Ooooo! All the videos, all the data of so many years, my child’s videos, I may lose them all … I was like what the hell, this had to crash now…

The very same morning, I noticed that our living room’s plaster on roof has started peeling off. It obviously is the air conditioning’s duct. I have to get that repaired too. I felt, this had to come now, as if I didn’t have my hands full!

During the day at work, both the issues kept creeping into my mind leaving me tired than usual. My stomach started to malfunction; it bloated up so much that I could not even drink water. Ancient sages of India explained that the chakra related to worry is situated around your stomach, it seems it is  true!. My work was affected too; the program I usually write in an hour took 5 hours that day still left with so many errors to fix. On the way back home, the train looked very dull, usually I find all the ladies pretty in trains and that day all looked worn out with their make-ups skewed. I tried to do the heart feeling and heart breathing that HeartMath guys tried to teach me for years but just felt high frequency heart throbs, coming one after the other which shook me each time.

I guess I hardly slept that night, when I opened my tired eyes the next morning, the sky was still dark, and it may be 4 or 5 AM in the morning. Something from inside asked me, are your situations feeling any better by feeling sad and worried?  Your mom will have to go through the course of her illness, it will take its time if you feel sad or not. You may lose all the data you have collected over years in your computer but you will not get it back by feeling sad. Your roof will not repair itself if you feel sad. And, then after a long pause came the truth, if you felt energetic, you can go through all that and still feel peaceful, still sleep tight and actually do something about them. That was a great insight. I decided to act than react to my situations.

I slowly got up, prayed for mom to be better. Send all the positive energy I have towards her, smiled at her, told her that she will be all right soon. I decided that if apple care can’t recover my data, I will focus on getting better videos in the coming weeks.. And last, but not the least, I decided to call the contractor to get a quote on the air conditioner ducts. It may cost some, but not worth my worry and an upset stomach, no way!

I went to the balcony to see sun rise, while I watched it with a calm mind I noticed with surprise that all the problems I had for the last 2 days were still with me, but I was able to smile at the rising sun as I watched it rise slowly changing the horizon from red to pink and to blazing white. Just how my heart got brightened up that morning.

I have learned my lesson. Worry comes for free with all issues but when we look at them without getting worried, we not only get solutions but peaceful sleep and a calm and energetic mind.

At about 10am dad called to say mom is much better. I am already charging my camera to shoot yet another great video of my family and yea, I am planning to buy a stack of RW disks on the way back from work to store them.

Everything in life passes, even our glum days! Thank god I am enlightened a day before Christmas on how to handle day-to-day worries – Merry Christmas to all !

1 comment: